There are currently no Job Openings at APCTT. For Job Openings at ESCAP please follow the link below.
The Internship at APCTT is part of the ESCAP Internship Programme. It provides opportunities for students enrolled in graduate school/PhD programme, students enrolled in the final year of a first university degree, students having graduated with a university degree less than one year ago to undertake an internship with one of its diverse range of divisions and agencies, most of which are located at its Bangkok headquarters.
The programme aims to expose the intern to the day-to- day work and special missions of ESCAP, promote a better understanding of international problems, and to introduce the intern to the unique and multinational work environment of the UN organization.
The programme will enhance the intern's educational experience through practical work and/or research, along with providing the host division at ESCAP with able assistance in various specialized professional fields.
How to Apply
Interested graduate students who meet the Eligibility Criteria should submit their application through an online system: Careers portal, after reading the Job Openings of the Internship Programme. Please note the varied deadlines for submitting applications as indicated in each internship announcement, which is generally one and a half months prior to the start of the Programme
Eligibility and Conditions
Applicants to the United Nations internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (first university degree, or second university degree or equivalent, or higher) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- The internship should not exceed six months, with a minimum period of two months.
- The intern will not be paid by the United Nations and, will not be considered a staff member, hence, he/she will not be entitled to the privileges and immunities accorded to staff members of the United Nations.
- All expenses connected with the internship, such as travel costs, travel arrangements, living accommodation, are the responsibility of the intern or the sponsoring institution.
- The intern is responsible for obtaining any necessary visas.
- The United Nations will not accept any responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship and the intern, therefore, should have a health insurance coverage.
- There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship and the intern is not entitled to apply for a regular position at the Professional or higher level with the United Nations during the period of the internship and for six months immediately following the expiration date thereof.
- The intern undertakes to conduct himself/herself at all times in a manner compatible with his/her responsibilities as a participant in a United Nations internship programme.
- The intern must keep confidential any and all unpublished information made known during the course of the internship and not publish any reports or paper on the basis of information obtained except with the authorization of the United Nations
- The intern will provide written notice in case of illness or other unavoidable circumstances which might prevent him/her from fulfilling the internship.
Internship Opportunities at APCTT
APCTT is presently inviting applications for Internship in the area of Science, Technology and Innovation. For more details, please follow the link below: