- The Database serves as an online platform for information exchange on the availability and sourcing of technologies for small and medium sized enterprises in countries in the Asia Pacific region.
- The Database provides information on the technologies available for transfer (technology offers), technologies needed (technology requests) as well as the opportunities for business cooperation (Joint venture and Partnerships).
- The use of Technology4SME database is free of cost.
APCTT has compiled a list of global as well as country-wise technology databases that deal with the technology transfer related services for SMEs and entrepreneurs.
- If a particular technology search has been made using APCTT's Technology4SME database and if the search did not yield desired results, the users could use this section to extend their search to other databases listed in this section.
- The technology databases could be readily accessed through this service of APCTT.
The primary objective of the Renewable Energy Cooperation-Network for the Asia Pacific (RECAP) established by APCTT is to facilitate technology transfer cooperation among countries in the Asia-Pacific region in the area of renewable energy. Towards this end, APCTT has developed a “Renewable Energy Technology Bank (RET-Bank)” of tested and proven renewable energy technologies (RETs) initially in the areas of solar, biomass, wind, mini-hydro power and geo-thermal energy. APCTT has developed this Renewable Energy Technology Bank as on-line technology database freely available for public access through its RECAP website.